This Garmin Vivosmart review will immediately show you this fitness tracker is among the best wearable tech . The Garmin Vivosmart is a sport tracker that also acts as a smartwatch . The Garmin fitness band helps you keep track of your health by monitoring your steps, calories, and distance of the day. This fitness tracker is also an exercise tracker helping you reach your fitness goals. But the Garmin fitness band is also smart. It will vibrate when you have been inactive for too long and motivate you to take action. Walking for a couple of minutes will reset the inactivity timer of the Vivosmart Garmin fitness tracker.
The Garmin Vivosmart fitness tracker is a better version of the Garmin Vivofit fitness band , and a great alternative for the more sophisticated fitness watch or other smart watches. This Garmin fitness tracker enables you to get instant vibration notifications for calls, texts, apps, and emails from your smartphone. The Vivosmart activity tracker is also different from the Vivofit fitness tracker in that it has a touch display. The OLED touch screen is invisible, but comes to life when tapping the fitness band or when alerts come in. Not interested in Garmin watches, but in an outstanding fitness band? Then you should definitely read the rest of this Garmin Vivosmart review .
Features Garmin Vivosmart fitness band
– Smart watch features : get notifications for calls, texts and emails from your smartphone
– Fitness tracker: pedometer (steps counting) and distance counter, calorie counter
– Smart fitness band: helps you reach your fitness goals by telling you when your inactivity was too long
– Assign personalized daily goals to Garmin fitness band
– Pare with a heart rate monitor, bike speed sensor or VIRB Elite action camera
– Android and iOS wearable
– Control your smartphone mp3 player with exercise tracker
– Sleep tracker : view your total sleep hours, as well as periods of movement and restful sleep, on your Garmin Connect page
– Fitness band automatically syncs with mobile devices throughout the day
– OLED (illuminated) touch screen display, 128 x 16 pixels
– Rechargeable lithium battery lasts up to 7 days
– Water resistant (5 ATM): take Vivosmart in the shower or when you swim
– Small or large band size: 127-172 mm (small); 155-221 mm (large)
– Check external Garmin Vivosmart review
The Garmin Vivosmart fitness tracker comparison
The Garmin Vivosmart activity tracker is a fitness band with smartwatch features. This is what makes this activity tracker stand out against its brother the Garmin Vivofit fitness wristband. While the Vivosmart has smart email, text, and other notifications, the Vivofit hasn’t and lack a touch screen. If you want a combination of fitness tracker and smartwatch, then the Vivosmart fitness band is an excellent choice. If however you only want a decent fitness tracker without smart watch features, then the cheaper Garmin Vivofit or the Fitbit Charge fitness band are good alternatives. The Vivosmart offers more than the latter two fitness trackers, but be sure you need these extra features. If you are not yet sure which fitness wristband is for you, check our guide for fitness bands or check out other fitness tracker reviews .
Cons for Vivosmart Garmin fitness tracker
Fastening the rubber clasp of the Vivosmart activity tracker is could be less cumbersome, bit it works. Sleep tracking is not automatic, so decide before you go to sleep if you want the sleeptracker function of the Garmin fitness band be active. Quickly read the rest of the Garmin Vivosmart review to discover the pros…
Pros for the Vivosmart activity tracker
The Garmin Vivosmart activity tracker provides the best of two worlds : it is a fitness band with basic smartwatch features. From all the available fitness trackers, I like the Vivosmart workout tracker most since it actively gets you to move and stay healthy. Get even more out of your Vivosmart fitness tracker by paring it with a heart rate monitor, bike speed sensor or VIRB Elite action camera. You can even take this Garmin fitness band with you in the shower or swimming pool. An extra benefit is long battery life so you don’t need to worry about recharging for up to a whole week. Among the latest gadgets on the market, the Vivosmart is definitely one of our favorite fitness bands .
The Vivosmart fitness wearable device or another fitness tracker? Check more fitness bands and activity trackers and wearable technologies .
Pare the Vivosmart with the Garmin Premium Soft Strap Heart Rate Monitor :
Garmin Vivosmart Youtube – Garmin Vivosmart review :
Review Garmin Vivosmart
Image courtesy Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net / Image courtesy fitness bands and wearables : Amazon