The Amber Alert gps children tracker is the most parent friendly product. This child locator has great features which parents will definitely love. This children tracker comes in a size that is slightly bigger than a matchbox. But do not let the size fool you when you consider the most important features of the Amber Alert child gps.
Two way communication, a panic button, live tracking, alert and zone customization and many more features await you. A special feature of this gps for kids is its predator function, alerting you when a sex offender is in the neighborhood of your kid. If you are one of those parents who want to be sure about your children’s whereabouts, read our full Amber Alert GPS review and find out how this child tracking device can help you.
Most Beneficial Features of the Amber gps children tracker
Always stay connected with your children using the Amber personal tracking device for kids. The gps for kids major function is to provide constant and updated information about the location of your child through a mobile gadget companion, the Amber Alert app. The Amber alert gps children tracker has several features that you can use to keep track of your children’s whereabouts:
* See your child’s location on a map with the Amber Alert app – the Amber Alert app shows the location of your car on a map. Simply access the Amber Alert GPS portal to Color coded marks that tellyou the location of your child. The green mark tells you of the current location of your child. the yellow mark indicates the last known location of this children tracker, and the red mark informs you of the previous locations.
* Get alerted when your child leaves a certain zone – the Amber Alert GPS Locator has Geofence or Zones. This means that you can configure up to 20 zone settings and receive alerts each time the Amber Alert gps children tracker exits or enters any of those configured zones. In this way, you always know if your kid is where he or she should be. The zone configuration in the Amber Alert app can be set up to cover areas from 1000 feet to 10,000 feet so you can accommodate wide areas like large malls and airports.
* Compatible with both iPhone and Android smartphones
* Two–Way Communication – the Ambert Alert gps child tracking device features an SOS function represented by a big round button. When your child pushes the SOS button, the child locator dials an assigned number and makes a voice call. Just set up a primary number which this Amber Alert device. Each time your child presses the SOS button more than 2 seconds, it will calls that number. Text communication – Using the Amber Alert GPS for kids your child can send text alerts to 10 different numbers at the same time.
* Easy SIM Card calling – the Amber Alert children tracker works with a normal SIM card.
* Speed Alert when using as car tracker – this feature of the Amber Alert app is used to send a notification when your teenager is driving a vehicle that exceeds the configured maximum speed settings. Just put the the tracking device in your teenager’s car.
* Access to tracking history – you can check all the places where the child locator device has been. During the past day, or a longer time ago.
* School Ready Mode – a parent only Amber Alert child GPS feature where all incoming calls are blocked when the children are at school.
* Multi-functional use – use as child locator or car tracker or to track valuable belongings, for example pur it in your handbag or luggage.
* Decent battery life – Under normal conditions the battery of this personal tracking device for kids tracker lasts up to 40 hours.Use the Amber app on your mobile, tablet, or browser – Amber Alert app available
Note that the Amber Alert gps children tracker has a monthly subscription. Check the different price points such as the tag price for the product itself, the monthly plan (which is important for SMS and phone service,) and the activation fee. Continue reading the Amber Alert GPS review to know how it fares with the competition…
Amber Alert gps compared to similar GPS tracking devices for kids
The Amber Alert GPS for kids has features that are also found in similar devices such as the SkyNanny GPS children tracker and the ATian Waterproof GPS Tracker. These are: two way communication, SOS button, a mobile companion with SIM, atracking trough smartphone or through their respective website portal. The major difference among the three tracking devices for kids is that the SkyNanny child gps allows you to track several kids simultaneously. The Atian child locator on the other hand has Google Maps as one of its main features and is waterproof to a certain level. However, the Amber Alert GPS child locator is not far behind in terms of exclusive features! It’s the only tracking device for kids that notifies parents when the child is within 500 feet perimeter of a known sex offender. If you want to compare the Amber Alert child tracker with even more gps for kids check our comparison guide for best portable gps tracking devices for kids . If you believe a gps watch for kids is better for your child, have a look at our selection of GPS watches for kids .
Downsides of the Amber Alert gps for kids
It is important to note in this Amber Alert review that some parents found the one primary number for voice calling a letdown. However, this feature by the Amber Alert children tracker is just alright considering that the device is intended to track children discretely, not to call them and disturb them during their classes.
The Upsides of the Amber Alert children tracker
The panic button of the Ambert Alert kids gps along with the two-way communication system makes it a one-two punch when it comes to making parents confident that they will never lose track of their children. It is also helpful that you can review the history of the Amber Alert app so you have full information on the whereabouts of your children.
Roundup for Amber alert gps review
Our verdict: if you want a very dependable child tracking device, this children tracker from Amber Alert is for you. This child tracker eliminates worries when it comes to your children’s whereabouts. The Predator alert is a nice extra !
Is the Ambert Alert gps children tracker your prefered choice ? Check out other high quality and portable GPS tracking devices and wearable devices .
Looking for extra child safety during your travels? Check our child id bracelets for kids or have a look at the travel id bands below:
Our best GPS watches for kids may also interest you.
Watch the Amber Alert gps children tracker video :
Image courtesy of Photostock and Artur84 and Stockimages and Imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net /Image children tracker : Amber Alert and Amazon